The Board of Directors of Sahacogen (Chonburi) Public Company Limited realizes the importance of various risk factors which affect the company’s business operation. Consequently, the Board assigned the Corporate Governance and Risk Management Committee to be responsible for the supervisory tasks in terms of the organization’s Corporate Governance and risk management practices in a systematic manner. The Risk Management Policy is described as below
- To keep the balance of risk and reward from business operation in order to ensure that the operational goals and stake-holders’ expectation are achieved under risk levels accepted by the executives
- To set strategy in line with risk levels which the Board of Directors considers as acceptable
- To support the risk management to become a part of organizational cultures, which is necessary to operate it effectively and efficiently by all executives and employee
- To handle risks impacting on the company’s objectives and strategy immediately and continually
- Establish guidelines for risk management in accordance with the anti-corruption policy of the company.
In 2019, the Company has improved and developed Risk and Crisis Management System to be more effcient. The meeting’s resolution of the Governance and Risk Management Committee, Sahacogen (Chonburi) PCL., No.4/2019, on October 31, 2019, considered and appointed a working group on creating a business continuity. This working team is responsible for preparing a business continuity plan and to manage cases of crisis effectively. The roles and responsibilities of the Business Continuity working team are as follows
- Prepare a crisis response plan and the business continuity plan of the organization.
- Rehearse the crisis response plan and business continuity plan of the organization.
- Give suggestions for improvement and monitoring.
- Report to the Corporate Governance and Risk Management Committee, and the executives.
The company has established guidelines for dealing with the challenges and environmental factors related to business operations. External factors that affect the business operations.